A Father's Day Prayer!

Happy Father's Day to all fathers, godfathers, and father-like figures. This day is a day to honor fathers and celebrate fatherhood. Fathers "are a guiding light whose love show us the way!" "A Father is God's chosen on to lead the family and point it to His will for life of love and harmony" -Sue Skeen 

Happy Father's Day to My Dad, My Father, My Hero! May God Bless all Fathers this Day!





My dad, is the best father in the world, I know its cliche, but he truly is the best, he loves me and my sisters so much. I believe there is nothing he wouldn't do for us. 



To show my appreciation to my dad, I wrote him a poem, so here it is, "My Dad."


My Dad 

by Ashley Kiczek

I started this poem about a hundred times
But I never could find the words
To express what you mean to me, sometimes
I think about all you have done,
And I just stop and thank God
For you being my father.
Today I applaud
You, I thank you
For helping, teaching,
And guiding me,
Dad, you are truly a blessing.
Thank you for playing Barbie with me,
Only if it was once,
And for always wanting to play Sorry,
Thank you for the best pancakes each Sunday
For being patient in teaching us school,
Thank you for going to work every Monday,
To provide for us,
But most importantly thank you for
Teaching me about Jesus,
For all these reasons and more,
I love you, and last but least
Thank you for being my dad, my father, my hero.
Happy Father’s Day!

Dear St. Joseph, Watch over all fathers today and ask for the grace they need to lead their families to Heaven.



Now Let us pray for the Hero in our life.

A Father's Day Prayer:

God our Father, We give you thanks and praise for fathers young and old.

We pray for young fathers, newly embracing their vocation; May they find courage and perseverance to balance work, family and faith in joy and sacrifice.

We pray for our own Fathers around the world whose children are lost or suffering; May they know that the God of compassion walks with them in their sorrow.

We pray for men who are not fathers but still mentor and guide us with fatherly love and advice.

We remember fathers, grandfather, and great grandfathers who are no longer with us but who live forever in our memory and nourish us with their love. Amen





Comments

Popular Posts