Holy Thursday Prayer!

Happy Holy Thursday! Today, we celebrate the gift God gave to the world: His Body and Blood. The Blessed Eucharist is the perfect Sacrament of the Lord's Passion since It contains Christ Himself and his Passion. -- St. Thomas Aquinas


Jesus humbled himself and washed the feet of His Disciples, saying "Love one another as I have loved you."

He said "Take and Eat, This is my Body" and "Take and Drink, This is my blood." With these words, "Jesus taught a new sacrifice which the Church received from the Apostles and offers throughout the whole world."- St. Irenaeu





Holy Thursday Prayer: 

Loving Provider, 

you gather me in this upper room with your son, 
to be fed by your love. 
At that supper, Jesus told us to "love one another" 
and I know that is the heart of his gift, 
his sacrifice for me. 
I ask that I might find the source of my own heart, 
the meaning of my own life, 
in that Eucharist. 
Guide me to the fullness of your love and life.

Amen.

This Is My Body! -Luke 22:19


Ta, Ta for Now! 

Comments

Popular Posts