Happy Feast of Corpus Christi!

Happy Feast of Corpus Christi, the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ! This feast solemnly commemorates the institution of the Holy Eucharist. The primary purpose of this feast is to focus our attention on the Eucharist. Churches throughout the world today will have Eucharistic Processions and process Our Lord through their Church and in the streets. 

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all things to myself." John 12:32 

"I am the living bread that came down from heaven;
whoever eats this bread will live forever." -John 6:51



Corpus Christi celebrates the great gift Jesus gave us in the Eucharist. We celebrate and honor Jesus' presence in the Eucharist. In Mass, today the homily talked about the importance of preparing ourselves to receive Jesus in the Eucharist. We need to prepare ourselves because after receiving Jesus we become "living tabernacles"  and transmit His graces and love to all we meet. Saint Peter Julian Emyard said, "Be the apostle of the divine Eucharist, like a flame which enlightens and warms, like the Angel of his heart who will go to proclaim him to those who don’t know him and will encourage those who love him and are suffering."

The Saints on the Holy Eucharist



"Of all devotions, that of adoring Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the greatest after the sacraments, the one dearest to God and the one most helpful to us." 
--St. Alphonsus Liguori 

Anima Christi Prayer


Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me. 
Water from the side of Christ, wash me. 
Passion of Christ, strengthen me. 
O good Jesus, hear me. 
Within thy wounds hide me. 
Suffer me not to be separated from thee. 
From the malicious enemy defend me.
In the hour of my death call me and bid me come unto thee That with thy saints I may praise thee forever and ever. Amen.


Today is also Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to all fathers, godfathers, and father-like figures. This day is a day to honor fathers and celebrate fatherhood. Fathers are a guiding light whose love show us the way!



 "A Father is God's chosen on to lead the family and point it to His will for life of love and harmony" -Sue Skeen 

Happy Father's Day to My Dad, My Father, My Hero! May God Bless all Fathers this Day!

Ta, Ta for Now!

Comments

Popular Posts