Happy Pentecost Sunday!

It's my Blogiversary, I have had this blog for two years! Today is also the Feast of Pentecost when in tongues of Fire the Holy Spirit came to the Apostles and filled them with the grace needed to continue their ministry and the gifts of the Holy Spirit! Happy Pentecost Sunday and Happy Birthday to the Church, because today is the Catholic Church's Birthday!


Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire...And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit!



Prayer to the Holy Spirit



Holy Spirit of light and love, you are the substantial love of the Father and the Son; hear my prayer. Bounteous bestower of most precious gifts, grant me a strong and living faith which makes me accept all revealed truths and shape my conduct in accord with them. Give me a most confident hope in all divine promises which prompts me to abandon myself unreservedly to you and your guidance. Infuse into me a love of perfect goodwill, and act according to God's least desires. Make me love not only my friends but my enemies as well, in imitation of Jesus Christ who through you offered himself on the Cross for all people. Holy Spirit, animate, inspire, and guide me, and help me to be always a true follower of you. Amen. 



Come, Holy Spirit, Come! And from your celestial home shed a ray of light divine! 



 I was so inspired by the thought of when the Holy Spirit came to the apostles and filled them with a fire that burned forever  that I wrote a Ballad on it, here it is, "A Fire in My Heart."


A Fire in My Heart

"Once weak and scared,
Up alone in my room,
I was totally unprepared,
Until you came
In the form of a dove,
You filled my heart,
With love,
No more did I live in fear,
Now everything
Was clear,
You gave me,
The gift of wisdom,
So I can be
Someone who values You more than the world,
You gave me
The gift of understanding,
So I could finally see
Everything much clearer,
You gave me
The gift of counsel,
So I could be free
To choose what is right,
You gave me
The gift of fortitude,
So that I would never flee
From you,
You gave me
The gift of knowledge,
To understand thee
More and more,
You gave me
The gift of piety,
So that I can be the key
To your glory on earth,
You gave me
The gift of the fear of the Lord,
For I to finally see
The extent of your glory and majesty."



The Pentecost of the Upper Room in Jerusalem is the beginning, a Beginning which endures. -Pope Francis





Ta, Ta, for now.

Comments

Popular Posts