Poem: A Fire in My Heart.

This is my first post for my new blog, A Flower of God, I decided to start on the Birthday of the Church, "Happy Birthday!" today is also Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came to the apostles and filled them with a fire that burned forever. I was so inspired with this thought that I wrote a Ballad on it, here it is, "A Fire in My Heart."



A Fire in My Heart

"Once weak and scared,
Up alone in my room,
I was totally unprepared,
Until you came
In the form of a dove,
You filled my heart,
With love,
No more did I live in fear,
Now everything
Was clear,
You gave me,
The gift of wisdom,
So I can be
Someone who values You more than the world,
You gave me
The gift of understanding,
So I could finally see
Everything much clearer,
You gave me
The gift of counsel,
So I could be free
To choose what is right,
You gave me
The gift of fortitude,
So that I would never flee
From you,
You gave me
The gift of knowledge,
To understand thee
More and more,
You gave me
The gift of piety,
So that I can be the key
To your glory on earth,
You gave me
The gift of the fear of the Lord,
For I to finally see
The extent of your glory and majesty."

You can see the poem "A Fire in My Heart" on Teen Ink, and please like and vote for it: 

Ta, Ta, for now.

Comments

Popular Posts