An Advent Inspiration: Day 1!

Today is the first day of Advent, Advent is the preparation for Christ's Coming Birth on Christmas Day! Pope Francis describes Advent as “a new journey of the People of God with Jesus Christ, our Shepherd, who guides us in history towards the completion of the Kingdom of God.” This Advent may we keep in mind the wonderful gift God has given us through Jesus! This Advent, I will be posting inspirational quotes and a prayer for each day of advent. 

Day 1 of Inspiration: Arise, Shine, for your LIGHT has come! -Isaiah 60: 1


First Day of Advent Prayer


Lord God,
only you can see into my heart and know 
that under all the busy-ness of my life, 
there is a deep longing
to make this Advent one that welcomes you
more deeply into my own life.

My heart desires the warmth of your love
and my mind searches for your Light
in the midst of the darkness.

Help me to be a peacemaker this Advent
and to give special love to those
who disagree with me.
Give me the strength and courage
to forgive those who have hurt me.
Help me to free my heart
from the prison of my anger and hurt.
Amen.




Ta, Ta for Now! 

Comments

Popular Posts