An Advent of Inspiration: Day 10!

Christmas is only two weeks away, and let us take this time to ready are hearts and souls for Christ's coming! 

Day 10: "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor." -Luke 4:18 



I heard a story about a young woman who went to church the day after Palm Sunday. Her parish had just taken down the church cross for repairs and she was going to pray before the tabernacle. As she came into the church, she was appalled, a little boy was playing with the leftovers palms on the altar in the church and being very boisterous. What shocked her even more was that the child's guardian, his uncle, was just pleasantly watching him from the pews without issuing one complaint towards the kid's reckless behavior. So, she went up to the uncle and began to complain saying that the altar was a holy place and to tell the child to stop. The uncle could only mumble out something on a cross and that the child was autistic, and he got up and took the child by the hand, who was putting up quite a fight. As the uncle was leaving he told the woman, "look at the cross." The woman thought to herself "what cross? the cross was taken down" and she was walking towards the altar, she saw the most beautiful cross made of palms. This child with autism saw that the cross was missing and decided to make one out of what he could find: palms. Tears came to the woman's eyes, what had she done? Sometimes we are quick to place judgement even though we do not know the full story. Let us never judge someone rashly without looking at the full picture. 





The Tenth Day of Advent


Almighty God, 

I hear it over and over: you are coming to me.

I feel my heart stir in anticipation, 
and I sense that you are inviting me 
to enter more deeply 
into the mystery of your birth.
Help me to feel renewed patience settle in my heart, 
and to lift my face in joy.
I have been like a lost lamb, 
but I hear your voice calling me 
and I feel how deeply you want me to return. 
Somehow I know that you rejoice in my desire to find you.

Help me not to be afraid to say out loud, to believe: 
Here is God, coming into my life.

Amen.

Ta,Ta for Now!

Comments

Popular Posts