The Gift of Advent Calendar: Day 2!

In today's Gospel, the verse that struck me the most is: "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word, and my servant will be healed" (MT.8:8). The story of the Roman Centurion coming to Jesus begging that his servant be healed and Jesus telling him “You may go; as you have believed, let it be done for you" has been told many times. We all know that Jesus listened to the Centurion's plea and granted the healing of the servant. However, often we overlook the essential meaning of this miracle: God rewards those with 'great faith.' Jesus said, "Amen, I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Mt.17:20). In this day and age, miracles often seem unreachable and unattainable. The question is raised: where is this faith of mustard size? How can we have it? The answer is by trusting God like a child who believes that his or her parents will guide and help them. Growing up, our parents were the people always there for us no matter what and the people we trusted blindly. Jesus wants us to have the same faith in Him and His plan for us. When things are difficult and miracles needed, let us place our faith in God and believe in Him like the Roman Centurion.


Day 2: Prepare the way of the LORD; make straight His Paths! -Isaiah 40:3 




A Prayer for the Second Day of Advent 

Loving God, 
I sense that all is your creation 
and everything, and all of us, 
are being drawn back toward your loving heart.

Help me to be a person of peace, 
To speak about it in an uneasy world, 
And to live it among the people 
you have put into my life every day.

Light in me a desire to prepare for your coming 
to stand in the darkness, waiting, eager and filled with joy.
Amen.


(My Photo)

Ta, Ta for Now! 

Comments

Popular Posts