The Gift of Advent Calendar: Day 6!

Today is the feast of the Immaculate Conception and a Holy day of Obligation in America. On February Eleventh, Mary said to St. Bernadette "I am the Immaculate Conception." This statement began a debate if Mary was immaculately conceived. The discussion ended when Pope Pius IX wrote his encyclical, Ineffabilis Deus, on today's date, December 8th, he wrote.

"We declare, pronounce and define that the doctrine which holds that the Blessed Virgin Mary, at the first instant of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace of the Omnipotent God, in virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of mankind, was preserved immaculate from all stain of original sin, has been revealed by God, and therefore should firmly and constantly be believed by all the faithful. "

Day 3: “Thou alone and Thy Mother are in all things fair; there is no flaw in Thee and no stain in Thy Mother.” – St. Ephraim

Sixth Day of Advent prayer

Jesus, protector, 
I long for your coming. 
The promise of new light is there 
if only I can believe.

Protect me from dangers 
and lead me through the gloom and darkness 
to the joy I so long to find in you.

Lift me from my lowly sins 
and give me the promise of salvation 
with no more shame, 
only the light and the saving grace of your love.

Let the ancient dream be fulfilled in you, 
and peace come to this life and world.
Amen

Photos of mine honoring Our Lady:







Ta, Ta for Now!

Comments

Popular Posts