The Gift of Advent Calendar: Day 3!

Finals are coming up for me, and this usually means a lot of stress and studying. Christmas can also be a stressful time with shopping for presents, decorating the house, and parties. However, when we let stress and worry consume our days, we lose track of what is really important, celebrating the coming of Jesus' Birth. Christmas is time to reflect on the blessings God gave us and make memories with our family. Our time on earth is short, and Christmas is the time we can use to show our love and attention towards them. 

Day 3: A Shoot shall sprout from the stump of Jesse, and from his roots, a bud shall blossom. -Isaiah 11:1




Third Day of Advent Prayer


God of forgiveness,
I turn to you in my great weakness
and beg for your help.
Let me feel the joy growing in my heart
as I anticipate your coming.

I hear the message of the prophets of old and know that the Messiah will bring new life and new ways of living.

From the humbleness of my life,
help me to grow and bloom
and hear the words
that will change the world.
Amen.


Ta, Ta for now! 

Comments

Popular Posts