Lenten Reflections: Second Day of Lent!

Back to being Omnivores (unless you are a vegetarian), I hope everyone had a great Ash Wednesday! I saw so many Faboul-ash (pun intended) posts, I saw a doll with ashes on her head, Ash Wednesday's Selfies, and I even saw a baby with ashes on his head, (So Cute).

This Lent, Give us the grace to defend
Our brothers and sisters in the womb.





"For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it,
but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." -Lk. 9:24




Tip: Identify one of your personal faults that you would like to uproot. Make a firm resolution to not do them anymore and work on it every day, until its gone. 



Second Day of Lent Prayer

Lord,  
Let everything I do this day and in this season of Lent 
come from you, be inspired by you.

I long to be closer to you. 
Help me to remember that nothing is important in my life 
unless it glorifies you in some way.
It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day of my life and keep saying,
"Tomorrow, I will spend more time in prayer," 
but now my longing meets your love and I want to do it now.  
Help me to rely on you for help.
The prayer asks you that I reach perfection. 
Please, Lord, remind me that "perfection" 
isn't the crazy, "successful" way I try to live my life, 
but a perfection of my most authentic, real self. 
My "perfection" might be holding my many flaws in my open hands, 
asking you to help me accept them.
Heal me, Lord, and help me to find you in the darkness of my life.  
Let me reach out in this darkness and feel your hand and love there to guide me.
Amen.


Ta, Ta for Now! 

Comments

Popular Posts