Lenten Reflections: The Twentieth Day of Lent!

Today is St. Katherine Drexel's Feast Day, She founded the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament for Black and Native American peoples. She helped Black and Native American Peoples spiritually as well as materially. All through her life she dedicated herself to the faith and the service of those who were oppressed. She opened several schools for the Indians in Santa Fe, New Mexico and West of the Mississippi River. Also, for the African Americans in the south. A total of 63 schools were opened by the time of her death. She is the second recognized American saint.  


Press forward and fear nothing. -St. Katherine Drexel 




"Whoever is not with me is against me,
and whoever does not gather with me scatters.” -Lk. 11:23 



The twentieth Day of lent prayer: 



Loving God, 
I hear your invitation, "Come back to me" 
and I am filled with such a longing to return to you. 
Show me the way to return. 
Lead me this day in good works I do in your name 
and send your Spirit to guide me and strengthen my faith. 
I ask only to feel your love in my life today.
Amen.


Ta, Ta for Now!

Comments

Popular Posts